30.9.08

Just Playing

I got this poem during our 3 day Preschool Teacher Seminar in Isulan, Sultan Kudarat and allow me to share this with you. This is cute, and true.


Just Playing

When I’m building in the block room,
Please don’t say I’m “just playing.”
For, you see, I’m learning as I play,
about balance and shapes.

When I’m getting all dressed up, setting the table, caring for the babies,
Don’t get the idea I’m “just playing.”
For, you see, I’m learning as I play.
I may be a mother or a father someday.

When you see me up to my elbows in paint
or standing at an easel , or molding and shaping clay, please don’t let me hear you say “he’s just playing” for you see,
I’m learning as I play. I’m expressing myself and being creative. I may be an artist or an inventor someday.

When you see me setting in a chair ”Reading”
To an imaginary audience, Please don’t laugh and think I’m “just playing.”
For you see, I’m learning as I play. I may be a teacher someday.

When you see m cooking or tasting foods
Please don’t think that because I enjoy it, it is just “play.”
I’m learning to follow directions and see differences.
I may be a chef someday.

When you see me learning to skip, hop, run and move my body.
Please don’t say I’m ‘just playing.” For you see,
I’m learning how my body works.
I may be a doctor, nurse or an athlete someday

When you ask me what I’ve done at school today,
And I say, “ I played.”
Please don’t misunderstand me. For, you see, I’m learning as I play.
I’m learning to enjoy and be successful in work,
I’m preparing for tomorrow.
TODAY, I’m a child and my work is play.

by Anita Wadley

0 comments: