15.1.09

A Classroom Story

While having small talks with my pupils this morning, a girl named Ryzah told me:

Ryzah: Ma'm di ko pa rin nakalimutan yung promise ko sayo.
(Ma'am I still haven't forgotten my promise to you.)
Me: Talaga? Ano nga yon?
(Really? What was it again?)
Ryzah: Yung house and lot na may swimming pool!
(The house and lot with a swimming pool!)
**I just smiled**

That's how sweet kids are and that's why I love my job. A few months ago, I asked the kids what they want to be when they grow up. While some wanted to be doctors and nurses (kids have that perennial answers), Ryzah wanted to be a certified public accountant. Since she was the only one who didn't want to be a doctor/nurse, I asked her why and she said,
"Para mapatayuan ko ng bahay ang mga magulang ko."
(So that I can build a house for my parents.)
Then I kidded with her and asked if she could give me a house too and she said she will and give me a swimming pool too so that I wouldn't have to go to Iligan City's Timoga Springs just to take a dip. Ryzah is an amazing kid, she's very independent and brilliant in class as well. I will surely miss her when she graduates from pre-school. I just hope I was able to impart a lot of things with her.

1 comments:

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

i envy your job, I think you are amazing!you are so lucky to have those little kids looking up on you as their role model.